Friday, July 3, 2015

A new camino

Yesterday was a long day for me and my knee, so I knew I was going to have to slow down. Today's walk had a lot of descent, not the best for a gimpy knee, but I met up with the gang after 8 km and told them I was slowing down. It was hard to say goodbye to Lee, but it was clearly the right thing. 

The walk was lovely-- the first 8 km were through the mountains down tip the border with Galicia. The next 20 km were along the Sil River with ups and downs but nothing too strenuous. No pics because my phone battery was dead. 

Now I've got a revised walking schedule with only a few days close to 30 km, and none more than 31, so I should be fine. 

I am now in O Barco de Valdeorras, which has a very pretty park on the Sil river. Here I said goodbye to Armando. Who knows, we may all meet up again in Santiago.

I have spent a few cool hours in the park watching the knight kids go tubing over some little white water rapids, while the small kids feed the ducks and stay in shallow water. 



  I now have less than two weeks walking so I have to forget about this knee thing and just enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment