Saturday, July 11, 2015

My rest day

Yesterday when I finished walking, I called my friends who own the Casa Santo Estevo in the Minho Valley. Ian drove to pick me up, and It was like arriving in my own little paradise. I spent the late afternoon walking through the woods and vineyards, with no pack on my back! And right next door is a beautiful 12century church so you know I'm in heaven. 







Dinner and then just sitting outside on the terrace, watching as the stars came out. It was an amazing evening. 

Today was just for hanging around. We went to a place on the Miño where a friend has a vineyard/bodega and took a very nice walk. Just beautiful. 


In late afternoon, they so nicely drove me back to where I stopped walking, the small town of Rodeiro. Here I am, with a room in the spotless Hospedaxe Guerra, where I slept last time I walked this route. A very friendly, small, family run place. And tomorrow I start the last few days to Santiago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment