Wednesday, June 3, 2015

In Barcelona


I arrived about an hour late but everything went very fast. Since I had to use my Irish  passport, no line at immigration. The airport bus to town runs every 5 minutes so I was at Carlos and Richard's place in about an hour (including stops at the pharmacy for my favorite sun screen, the grocery store for a tube of condensed milk (long story) and the post office to mail a box to Santiago). 

After a leisurely walk through the neighborhood



We went to lunch at a yummy macrobiotic restaurant. 

Then a visit to the MNAC and all its Romanesque splendor. 



Just amazing. A great send off to the Camino. 

Next on the agenda -- go meet up with the boys, who will be getting out of school, and then an early dinner at a favorite restaurant. 

Tomorrow I'll be on an early morning train and will walk up and back to San Pere de Rodes so I'll have plenty of time for a visit. 

Very hot for walking. It must be mid 80s and sunny. So glad to be starting on the Camino again!!!

1 comment:

  1. I suppose I should know the backstory, but "Irish passport"? Just a good thing you didn't have to use your Turkish, Greek, or Icelandic passports. Sounds as if your trip is off to a smashing start. Just don't scarf down the entire tube of milk at one sitting.

    ReplyDelete