Tuesday, June 30, 2015

On our way to Pamplona!

We have finished the Camino Aragonés and have joined the Camino Frances. We saw more people in five minutes than I've seen walking since June 4. 

We left Monreal at about 5:45 because the forecast is for 40 ( which is, to be exact, 104 Fahrenheit). The first 14 kms to the little town of Tiebas were  up and down along the side oh a hill. 

Then we could see Pamplona in the distance and knew we were close to Puente la Reina. 



But first, the camino passes the XII century octagonal church of Eunate. For unknown reasons, it was closed. But still beautiful outside. Many theories on why it was built in an octagonal shape, but nothing is really known. 



From there, 5 km to Puente la Reina with its beautiful bridge.  



Now we have a half hour wait till the bus comes to take us into Pamplona. I have made the reckless decision to sleep in a pension or hotel tonight. I'm just going to walk into the first nice looking place I see and pull out my woefully under-utilized credit card. So that tomorrow when I wake up at 5 am, I can just roll over and go back to sleep. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when we went to Eunate the first time. It must have been you who organized us - someone took us in a car?????? A taxi from Pamplona? With Michel. Hope you enjoy your lie-in in the morning.

    ReplyDelete